- What do we normally need access to when starting a campaign?
- What tools & properties do we need to request access to, and why?
Google Analytics (GA)
Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool offered by Google to help you analyze your website traffic.
- We need access so we can optimize the GA account, setup goals & events, and customize GA to the business so we get meaningful data.
- There is a lot we can do in analytics that will help us understand the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- 99.99% of GA accounts we see are not setup correctly.
Google My Business (GMB)
Google My Business is a free tool for businesses to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. By creating a verified GMB your business will show up in maps, and with some help from SEO work you will show up on the TOP of the maps (and get alot of calls).
- We need access so we can optimize the GMB Account for SEO & driving new leads to a business. There is also alot more we can do here to benefit SEO, but thats a longer story.
- 99% of GMBs we see are not optimized correctly.
Google Search Console (GSC)
Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site's presence in Google Search results.
- We need access so we can get good SEO data, stay up on alerts from Google about potential website issues & run website audits that can help us significantly grow a business.
- We also use GSC to verify other Google Properties.
Google Tag Manager (GTM)
Google Tag Manager is a free tool that allows you manage and deploy marketing tags (snippets of code or tracking pixels) on your website (or mobile app) without having to modify the code
- Google Tag Manager is the one place where we "hold" all the analytics tags & scripts that will go on the clients website. GA, Facebook Pixel, Call tracking, Hotjar, etc. These are all deployed via GTM.
- Many client's do not have one of these - we can create it for them.
Google Ads (Adwords / AW)
Google Ads, formerly called Google Adwords, is Google's advertising platform which allows advertisers (business owners) to bid on keywords they know are relevant to the products & services they sell, thereby giving their business prime real estate on the search engine and allowing them to show up in Google Search Results.
- We need access to Google Ads so we can optimize & run the client's Google Ad campaigns.
- Even if we are not doing Google Ads for a client, it is still a good idea to get access because there may be Google Ads scripts, conversion pixels, etc. that we can optimize for them.
Non Google Properties:
Facebook Business Page
A Facebook Business Page is a type of 'profile' on facebook for businesses. It is not that same as your personal Facebook profile. They allow your business to setup a Facebook Ads account & advertise to people on Facebook from the perspective of your business.
- Giving us access to the Facebook PAGE allows us to optimize some of the information on the Facebook page, but more importantly it is where we will run Facebook Ads from (even if its just re-marketing)
- This is NOT the personal Facebook PROFILE of the person - we do not need access to that.
Facebook Ads Account
A Facebook Ads account allows a business or organization to create, run & manage all their advertisements across Facebook's properties (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- If the client has a current Facebook Ads Account we will need access to it. We do this by requesting access and the client simply approves (should come in an email)
Call tracking is the process of determining how callers found your business. Call tracking helps us measure the impact of marketing effort on lead generation and sales by telling us what marketing channel (PPC, SEO, Social Media, Email, Billboards, etc.) is driving the most leads & ROI.
- We need access to their call tracking platform (Call Rail, etc.) so we can help them understand the profitability of their marketing campaigns with more accuracy.